Cryptocurrency and Bitcoin are one of the most controversial topics that are being discussed today. With a single coin valued at around $10,000 CAD, Bitcoin is a global payment system that possesses no middle-man, such as a bank, within a transaction.
Although Bitcoin became a phenomenon in our society very recently, it has been with us for a decade. In my 40-second motion graphics piece, I focused on the change in value of this cryptocurrency since its invention.
Initially, the project was supposed to be a lot longer. It included more information about its history, and briefly explained the reasons why the creator, or creators of Bitcoin decided to develop this kind of cryptocurrency. However, I felt that it would be more straightforward and digestible if I only explained how the value of it has changed overtime.
The clip below is the briefly finished version of the project before receiving feedback.
Some of the feedback I received included...
- Adding a call-to-action or a title in the beginning
- Positioning the two pizzas side-by-side
- Changing the money bag to a vault in order to stay consistent with the shape of the coin
- Changing the value from $100m to $100,000,000 to create bigger impact
- Making animations follow the narration more